subtitle

maybe "rants" isn't the right word. these are simple thoughts about my life. some may be more colorful than others. some language may be offensive, but it depends on your definition of offensive. consider this your warning ;)

29 June 2011

Not a promise: a proclamation...of water.

I like reading blogs and articles. There's so much information out there (some more helpful than others), and I thoroughly enjoy spending (way too much time) reading people's opinions. Although reading can help me become a better writer, there is one other thing that carries a greater magnitude than reading other people's work--writing it myself.

As of July 1, 2011, I will blog everyday. Whether it's a quotation I overheard that day, a musing I had on my walk home from work, or a spark that ignited as I murder my lunch, I'll blog something. Obviously, some entries will be more in depth than others, but if I don't make myself write, I'll be one of "those people" that criticize other people's work without having any to show for it themselves. Boo "those people".

I watched a video, a buddy of mine shared with Stumble Upon today with a "lost interview" of the late Bruce Lee. Obviously, somebody found it. In it, he says, "now water can flow, or it can crash...be water, my friend." I had to go back and listen to it again, but that rocked me.

I just gradated from college, and in my head-down, bulldog-charging-forward motion to avoid dipping into a financial crisis, I've become rigid. As much as I enjoy the structure of professional worlds, my choice to enter a creative industry requires personal fluidity. I must find that balance of chaos and order, organic and calculated, Megadeth and Marvin Gaye.

Thank you, Mr. Lee. I will be water.

No comments:

Post a Comment