subtitle

maybe "rants" isn't the right word. these are simple thoughts about my life. some may be more colorful than others. some language may be offensive, but it depends on your definition of offensive. consider this your warning ;)

02 July 2011

And so it begins…

The adventure to blog something daily.

The night before Meet Me @Metro II opens.

The month of July.

The second half of the year 2011.

The list goes on…

If this is the first time you’ve visited my blog, welcome.

If you’ve read others, welcome back.

If this is the last time you’ll be visiting, you’re welcome.

This is blog’s only consistent thread is me. This isn’t a “theater blog,” a ranting page, a poetry site, a collection of letters, quotations, blah, blah blah. This blog is the public display of the development of Marlon D. Deleon as…

A writer

A man

An artist

A teacher

A student

A director

An actor

A blogger

Myself.

I will not make you any promises, so the fewer expectations you have of this blog (because this blog is not me, it’s only an online sliver), the better your enjoyment. You may learn a little about Marlon, you may learn a little about yourself. This may change your opinion of me as a person, a professional, or an artist, but if it does, that means I said something that mattered.

Whether you comment or not is entirely up to you. I have no way of tracking who reads this, how many (or how few) times it’s visited, nor do I have any intention of implementing any such practice, this blog is my way of talking to the world whether someone’s listening or not.

I’ve always believed that writing a blog is like leaving a letter in the corner of a crowded room, partially hoping someone picks it up and reads it, partially wanting to yell out to the crowd, but too afraid/ashamed/lazy to draw everyone’s attention. This blog is about me and the way I see things. I’m not saying I’m right or wrong, I’m saying that this is what I saw, and this is what I think. It may sound simple, but not enough people do that honestly. Sure, there are hundreds of thousands of people that say what they think, but how many people do it honestly. without an agenda. This blog is not for political fame, artistic advancement, or e-masturbation, this blog will simply be a tributary of my mind, channeled through my fingertips to the internet via my iPhone blogging app, or whatever computer I can get my grubby little hands on.

So welcome aboard. I’d say, “strap in,” but that’s too clichĂ© for me. I’m not that riveting, but I’m far from boring. I’ll write something everyday as a way of sharing myself with you. Feel free to share back, but don’t feel obligated. If you like what you see, let me know. If you don’t, definitely let me know. I like shared dialogue. Mutual discussion. That may sound ironic, being I’m sending a one-way conversation of a blog out there, but it’s gotta start somewhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment